NEED TO FIND START-UP MONEY FOR YOUR NEW BIZ?
Many women entrepreneurs are going nuts about how they will get start up funding for their new business ventures without having to ask for a loan. Some try fundraising, working a part time job and save, ask family and friends etc… Others are taking advantage of small business grants.
I just recently found out about a grant called the Amber Grant. I bumped into it while browsing the net for information on how to fund my business. The Amber Grant awards $500-$1000 to women entrepreneurs every month. There is a short application process(only a few minutes) and they choose a new recipient of the grant each month of the year. The next deadline for entry is August 31, 2014 so hurry fast and submit your application.
Information about the Amber Grant can be found at http://womensnet.net/get-an-amber-grant/
I sure hope you take advantage of this opportunity and pass on this great news to other women entrepreneurs whom you may know!
The 2013 State of Women-Owned Businesses Survey revealed the following about why women decided to start their own businesses
1. They had a vision for a business idea or a passion for solving a specific industry problem
2. They wanted control or a more flexible work-life balance
3. They felt like they were in the right place at the right time.
When women were asked what the biggest motivation for starting their business, the most common answer was
1. 28% indicated that they were following their vision
2. 21% indicated that their vision was followed by finding an idea that allowed them to become an entrepreneur
The survey also found that the most important traits for running a successful business are
1.Having a passion for an idea
2. Having a vision to succeed long-term after the business is launched
3. Having the willingness and attitude to fail before you succeed and to take risks
I hope these statistics were helpful to you all! Maybe this will boost your confidence about starting your own business in the next year or so. Sometimes we are more frightened by what we don’t know rather than what we think we know!
Great Day Beloveds,