Just a few sister authors that inspire me!
Here are just a few amazing benefits of becoming and author!
- You inspire others: People live to hear stories of tragedy to triumph. You unconsciously give them permission to break the cycle of madness in their life and finally begin reclaiming themselves for a better life.
- You put Bling on your personal brand: Your book acts as an ad for your personal brand. It’s the bling for your brand!
- Instant credibility almost all of the time: People dig authors and trust them.
- Your book is like content marketing on instant: Digital marketers say that content marketing is one of the best ways to attract traffic. Guess what? Your book is the content!
- People don’t just throw away books: People keep books! They like to have a book to read or refer to for specific information on hand. Your book now re-markets at no extra cost!
- Opportunities for Speaking Engagements: Your book can open up opportunities for you in the form of speaking engagements. You are viewed as the expert so they want to hear from you!
- Doing business just becomes easier now: Sending a copy of your book to a perspective client can “break the ice” when you are negotiating business. Make sure to autograph it!
- Press & Media Coverage: Comments from experts are what journalists look for when writing about a hot industry topic. You are basically perceived as the expert so they will need you. Authors are automatically perceived as experts!
- The One Investment That Pays You Back Over and Over: It does cost time and money to get your book published but it’s the best investment with the best return. Your bank account gets fat and opportunities start flowing like a stream. Sleep Dollars is the name I give it!
Check out my Podcast series “Muslimah Bossin While Raising The Next Generation” every Saturday at 12 pm to here inspiration, motivation through classes and interviews from other Boss Moms around the globe to help you in your journey to become a successful Boss Mom! Visit www.Soundcloud.com to hear previous episodes. This Month in honor of Domestic Violence awareness I am interviewing sister authors to bring awareness to writing as therapy to heal from the wounds of domestic abuse.
You can also stop by Amazon and order my book “Motivated Muslimah: Permission to Win” to begin reclaiming your energy and motivation as you journey towards becoming the best version of you! You can also go to http://www.createspace.com/7388562 and type “mmp2win” in the password field to order a copy.
With Love and Peaceful Journeys,
Ukhtee Walida~ “The Boss Moms Coach”
If you are like I was about 5 years ago and still a a work in progress, you start hundreds of projects and never finish any of them. You become frustrated and just hopeless! I remember when I said I was going to write 3 books and could hardly start writing one to only find myself 5 years later actually completing it and publishing it! Alhamdulilah(All Praise is Due to Allah) This was such a relief after having picked up the manuscript over a thousand times only to put it down just as many times. Does this sound like you? You don’t have to continue feeling overwhelmed because there are proven ways to help you out of this frustrating cycle. Allow me to share what helped me to transition into starting and finishing whatever project or task I have on my plate. Here are 7 steps to completing what you start.
Hold on because the first thing you should know is that the trick to finishing what you start is actually about how you start as opposed to the fact that you have kids demanding your attention and a ton of mom and wife duties plus everything else in between! I know you are saying “what in the world”? But yes it really is all min how you start. Now let me proceed with the 7 steps!
- Make the decision to actually finish before you even get started! Make a dua(short supplication) to Allah(God) asking Him to keep you guided and on track! (Ex: In 2014 after divorce from my husband of 15 years I finally made the comittment to Just Do It! I asked Allah to keep me on track and to never allow me to give up!)
- Create an actionable plan. A plan without action is a plan to fail or better yet just a party in your own head! Don’t waste all that time brainstorming and creating ways to reach your goal just to do nothing. It’s a great dis service to your self and to those whom you could be serving with your finished product!(Ex: I hired a writing coach since this was part of the plan. She helped me put together a writing plan and gave tremendous support to me in my times of hopelessness. You can find her on Facebook at Subhanah Wahhaj. She is the author of the phenomenal book “How I Found Myself in Egypt”, the CEO of a self publishing company called “The Write Patch”, and the daughter of Imam, Siraj Wahhaj of Masjid At Taqwa in Brooklyn, New York)
- Identify and Avoid distractions. You simply have to know that as a Boss Mom you will face many distractions but the key to avoiding them is to identify what they are , plan how you will manage it, and schedule a specific time when you can work on your task or project. You almost always have to be flexible but make sure that you discuss your schedule with your children if they are old enough to understand so that they can at least accept your turn-downs to their requests temporarily with some ease. For mommies with little ones I suggest you take 15 minute blocks of time and do as much as you can until the timer runs out. (Ex: I had children ages 7-14 so it was just a matter of me discussing my plan to write a book and that at certain times they could not bother me unless it was an emergency. If they really wanted my attention but it was not an emergency I asked them to write it down and put it in my basket on top of my desk. Oh my! Sometimes I had to stop suddenly if they were arguing and fighting with each other and that would just make me put it away and com back when things cooled down. You know what it’s like right?smile!
- Get started and don’t attach yourself to the outcome! Embrace the detours and bumps and enjoy the process! Everything will not go as planned or it will then when you get to the end something else will happen. Just know that attaching yourself to the outcome is a huge waste of time because you just don’t have control over that part, only Allah does!(Ex: I had to just get started without looking back and despite all my fears! On day 1 and part of day 2 I wrote the objective of my book, who my target audience was going to be, and my outline)
- Define the time in which you want to finish what you start. Attach a date to the plans in step 2. Without a date I have to say you are just gonna keep ending up where you started so it’s like you never even started at all or you just keep starting over driving yourself insane! Who wants a headache?(Ex: I planned to have the objective and outline done within 3 days so I plugged in the date 3 days from when I started)
- Complete as opposed to finish by sharing your journey, saving your work for future use, and giving back. I know that once you write a book it’s so rewarding to share and help others to do the same! It’s a product that pays you over and over without any extra effort and gives a solution to your ideal readers! I don’t recommend that you just finish something to say you finished it because the thought of completing any other project will appear as a nightmare to you. You want to enjoy the process so that you don’t choose giving up as an option when starting your next project. Keep the momentum rolling as much as you can. (Ex: Now that I have completed my book and published it I am sharing it and some of what happened in my journey, as planned, with the world through podcasts, social media, workshops etc… I really ended up enjoying the process but I will be real with you…I had to arrive at this mindset by resetting my thoughts about my journey since I was also going through a personal healing journey. I don’t recommend you do the same! When you start any project self care should be #1 on your list of actionable plans since you need you to complete your project or task) Click here to purchase Motivated Muslimah:Permission to Win and start your journey to become the best you!
- Celebrate your success! A small reward for yourself(manicure, pedicure, take a walk etc…) I have not figured out this one yet but it is very important!
Stay on board my journey, take advantage of all Herspiring Bizness’s upcoming courses, get updates on all events, and get access to tips and resources paid and free by subscribing!
Boss Moms Coach, Ukhtee Walida
Here are some expert tips on creating youtube videos to BRAND yourself and make some MONEY. This is a new venture I am embarking on and I searched to find some expert advice about it!
According to Entrepreneur.com, when creating youtube videos you should:
- Upload content regularly
- Focus on making videos with good content that are also high-quality
- Put time and effort into editing your videos
- Make videos based on what‘s popular on the Internet
- Make sure you add tags when uploading videos
- Use key words so people see your video
- Be sure to advertise your videos on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites.
Over the last 10 years up until recently women have been moving toward high paying careers, higher education post grad school, and entrepreneurship all while being wives or single mothers and raising children.
According to an infographic about the increasing rate of breadwinning moms at http://www.citytowninfo.com,they are becoming the primary breadwinners of over 40 percent of households in America with children under the age of 18. It is probably no surprise to you that, among these women, there are more breadwinning women single than married. Single mothers really have no choice when it comes to who will provide for the household! On the other hand, married women are either stay at home mothers who choose to work from home by establishing a home based business or have full-time employment outside of the home.
If you are a single mother and trying to make ends meet this information may give you relief to know that almost half of the households in America are single mothers raising children and bringing home the bread! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Don’t give up hope.
If you are a stay-at home mother or work full-time at a job then this information may lead you to want to dig deeper to know why so many women are working and more fathers are staying at home. The roles of men and women are switching way too much for me personally! Your research may bring about new possibilities for you and your family. Maybe it will motivate and empower you to start a business or transform your home based business into a family business to supplement your husband’s income so that he can stay in his role rather than switching roles with you because employers are willing to offer you more. These days almost everybody is looking to have financial freedom and more time with family so it would greatly benefit us to start looking at all of this from another perspective than to just give up and switch roles.
Men were created to maintain and protect women and children!
Allah says: “Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because of what Allah has preferred one with over the other and because of what they spend to support them from their wealth.” [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 34]
NEED TO FIND START-UP MONEY FOR YOUR NEW BIZ?
Many women entrepreneurs are going nuts about how they will get start up funding for their new business ventures without having to ask for a loan. Some try fundraising, working a part time job and save, ask family and friends etc… Others are taking advantage of small business grants.
I just recently found out about a grant called the Amber Grant. I bumped into it while browsing the net for information on how to fund my business. The Amber Grant awards $500-$1000 to women entrepreneurs every month. There is a short application process(only a few minutes) and they choose a new recipient of the grant each month of the year. The next deadline for entry is August 31, 2014 so hurry fast and submit your application.
Information about the Amber Grant can be found at http://womensnet.net/get-an-amber-grant/
I sure hope you take advantage of this opportunity and pass on this great news to other women entrepreneurs whom you may know!
I am beginning Mubarakah Fatologist Ibrahim‘s Fit Muslimah 40 Day Challenge!
May Allah give me the ability to stay the course and finish whatever I start if it shall benefit me in this dunya and in the Ahkirah-Ameen!
Here is how my Day 1 looks- Alhamdulilah!
So Far… Prayed Fajr
1. Dhikr- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi 100x
2. 30 minutes- exercise
100 bicycle crunches
50 Russian Twists
50 Straight Punches
10 shoulder Rolls
10 neck rolls
3 minute face massage
7 minute “Tummy Talk” and massage
3. Now on to drinking my lemon water in shaa Allah I will drink 1 gallon today!
Let’s Get It Beloveds!!!
Check it out at http://www.facebook.com/fitmuslimah
Feel like you need some extensive fitness coaching to stay on track? Visit http://www.fitmuslimah.com
What’s your “WHY”? I mean the “WHY” for starting your own business venture instead of waking up in the mornings rushing to get to get to that J.O.B.(Just Over Broke) position that you dread soooo much but fear losing it because it’s what pays the bills! Granted, it does pay the bills but it also gives you stress which could lead to higher costs in trips to the doctor and other medical expenses should your conditions worsen and call for it. I mean it is not just as easy as 1-2-3 to get up and say “I quit” and feel good about it because then there is that “reality check ” that will kick in when you find yourself low on food, backed up on rent, receiving shutoff notices for your utilities, with no phone service, etc..
Now here is what I am saying…You Must Have A Plan for how you will get out of that J.O.B.(Just Over Broke) position and Fire Your Boss but even before that You Must Have A Strong Why and a Clear Vision.
Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get a free coaching session to check your “I Am Ready To Start Change” personal barometer. I will ask you some powerful questions that can help you discover where you truly are on your personal barometer and what you need to start doing to get where you truly want to be.