It’s almost that time of year! You know that time when it’s really nice and on the way to really hot weather and you just feel like EVERYTHING IS TOO MUCH!!! Your kids will begin requesting your attention almost 24 hours of the day, noise will be on level 100 , hubby will be demanding attention because your probably with the kids 95% of the time, cleaning will be more than the normal, you will be mediating fights between kids, and taking kids to and from camp or other Summer activities.
I know what it’s like and I wanted to share how I have planned my “Never Perfect But Just Right” Summer as a Boss Mom! Girl get you a glass of cold lemonade, find a quiet spot, and grab yourself a pen and pad so you can jot down what you may want to try.
HERE IT GOES! GOD WILLING!!!
1. I will start every morning by saying 3 emotions I feel, 3 things I am grateful for, and 3 ways I will be productive. I am praying this goes well and I will check in with myself every 3 days. I will set this notification in my calendar app “Talk Me Calendar”. Doing this now!
2. I will tell my children I love them at least once a day and tell them how honoured I feel to be their mother. I have 4 teenagers and though we sometimes tell them we love them they don’t believe it because they are going through some life transitions. In their world no body cares! Oh my goodness! I am wondering if I was like this !My little ones don’t really seen to worry to much! This is kinda hard for me because of my experience with abuse as a little girl so I will do my best because it will make me better and my children will feel better. I am just not an affectionate person.
3. I will only work during office hours and be present for myself, my family and my friends on my OFF hours and days. This is something I was often neglecting because I did not know how to juggle everything and I was trying to do everything!
4. I am taking the W off my chest because being Wonder Woman is not cute too me any more. I will delegate tasks that I absolutely have no skill in by outsourcing to companies like fiverr.com, upwork.com, freelance.com, and other companies in other continents. Tim Ferris, author of “The 4 Hour Work Week”, says you can outsource things as small as text messaging and email correspondence right along with bigger stuff like website updating, blog posting etc… for just pennies on the dollar with companies or individual freelancers in places like India.
5. I will travel and meet some new people. I will take a mini 2 day vacay somewhere where there is water. I love me some water! I am addicted to running water and just the ocean and any stream of water, even rivers. I am a Native New Yorker who now lives in North Jersey and hear that all of the beaches are in South Jersey so I will take a visit and do some writing by the water. I took my children to Pointe Pleasant beach about 2 Summers ago and we really enjoyed it. I would really like to rent a beach house for a week and just enjoy the calmness.
6. I will work on completing my BMoms Academy so that BOSS MOMS can finally get what they need in starting a business all in one spot with tips, hacks, and resources easily accessible and affordable.
7. I will support my fellow bossmuslimahs in our Facebook family group The Biz Bling Sisters Network by creating and posting content that will help them level up in business. I will also encourage them to post as well.
If you liked any one of my plans please write it down , send yourself a notification to remind you to actually Do it by using an app called “Talk Me Calendar”or any other app that can remind you. I know you want things to change for better and I also know that it takes some sacrificing.
Your days don’t have to be filled with just business because you have bills. You will continue to have bills as long as you are living. What you want to do is learn how to be confident and excited about your vision, plan out how you will achieve your goals, take action even when it feels uncomfortable , get the support you need, and be as consistent as you can. When you are feeling good, business will be good! Don’t sacrifice your “Me Time”. It’s non-negotiable!
As a mother of 7 I know how chaotic it can get and how often “giving up”sounds like a good option but to be honest “Moms Don’t Get To Quit”(😉this a new book I am almost finished writing) but we do deserve to take breaks and take time out to do the things that we love so that we can come back refreshed and ready to do all that we do.
This is how I planned my “Not So Perfect but Just Right Summer” and I would love to hear how you will plan yours too!
Send some feedback and share this blog post with other Boss Moms you know!
P.S. I forgot to mention that I will be going to masjid Quba in Philly for the 3rd stop on my “Motivated Muslimah Empowerment Book Tour” June 23, 2018. I hope to see you there! If you want to purchase tickets go to http://bit.ly/2Lmy3P6. General admission cost you $0. You may want yo consider purchasing a copy of Motivated Muslimah;Permission to Win to have signed at the event, because there will be a limited amount of copies available. You can do this by ordering at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/1941919022/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_Ss9hBbA4T2DQX
order at http://www.paypal.me/HBiz/20 by 6/12/18.
A portion of the proceeds from my book sales for the next 3 months are going towards my trip to The Gambia, Africa this year with my 2 year old son. The other portion of the proceeds will be used in my campaign to motivate 1000 Muslimah teens by providing workshops and other programs to give them the confidence they need to stand firm as a Muslimah in hijab despite the challenges they face.
Peace, love, and hijab Boss Moms,
Ukhtee Walida-The Boss Moms Coach