More and more moms are taking on the Boss Mom role of raising kids and running a business. Some are still working their 9-5 and others have made a complete transition to being their own Boss. There has been a rise of Boss Moms in the small business space.
If you are an aspiring Boss Mom I know how difficult it can become to actually get started running a business you actually will enjoy and not feel like your wasting your time.
Ideas For The Aspiring Digital Boss Mom- You want a business that is 100% online having the freedom to go to work in your PJ’s or your best outfit , and even commuting from the bedroom to your home office which could literally be 3 feet away! Gurl! I am down with this one! I have been doing this for the last 3 years and it really is such an awesome space to be in!
If this sounds like you then here are 7 biz ideas for you.
- Social Media Manager- You can assist small businesses by training them how to use social media to grow their business. It’s a service that you can provide totally online without having to leave your house. Tryst me, companies will pay for this service because they are way too busy to try learning it on their own.
- Web Designer- This is where your skill for creativity and technology meetup and give you the opportunity to help companies with website building. The time it takes to build a website is time the company may find value added but not at the expense of their time. They want to be able to continue delivering optimum services and products to their customer so they would be willing to pay for this. So how about it? You can freelance your expertise for cash and never leave your comfy house or you can travel where you want and still be connected with your clients without missing important deadlines.
- Virtual Assistant- Work remotely and virtually as assistants for companies by managing their schedules, meetings, calls, etc… Tasks that the company feels unproductive and overwhelmed about doing or has no idea how to do can be transferred a virtual assistant. If you are a really organized person this may be like dream land for you because you get to practically organize a company’s day to day chaos!
- Life Coach- Being a mother is a job we can never quit so we must accept and do what is best. Being a Boss has plenty benefits but can also leave you feeling drained and feeling hopeless. At times you just want to call quits and never turn back but I am here to tell you that all of those feelings that make you want to quit are all very normal and sometimes having someone help you sort out your feelings and create an action plan to keep you moving despite the struggle on your journey. Helping people win in life is such a rewarding position. You get to go through their journey with them and be their cheerleader . When they win you win and more people are served. This is beautiful! Life Coaches help clients with setting goals, getting unstuck, shifting their mindset, holding themselves accountable, creating an action plan to achieve goals, and just simply helping their clients navigate their way to success!
- Business Coach- Just like being a life coach can allow you to help people in their journey to fulfill their dreams business coaching can too! Entrepreneurship is a way to financial freedom, more time with family and as a mom I am sure this would be a service that you could appreciate having as well. Business coaches do mush of the same job as a Life Coach along with working closely with a clients plan to start, grow, or upscale a business. I do both because I find that they go hand in hand if you genuinely want to see people succeed in business then you are going to have to help them win at life because that is the “root that holds the tree”!
- Network Marketer- I know you might already have your feet wet in this area but not sure which one is the best one right? Well that was me I spent money in several networking marketing companies but never found the one I liked and I could feel like it was something worth my precious time. Yeah! Like I have so much of that being a mother of 7! smile! I don’t regret my journey with any of them because I have learned some valuable skills and information that I now use in my own business. I say find one that gives you the room to be who you are and sell from a space of serving people! There are several. To name a few; Amway, Young Living, Doterra, 5Linx, ItWorks, Gano Excel, Organo Gold and many more!
- Blogger- I know you are wondering why I put this in the list if you think blogging is just articles for those interested but the truth is that blogging can be monetized too! It is a great way to inspire many people, especially those in your target audience from one place! Hey that one place could be your living room, your home office, at Starbucks, at Dunkin Donuts, the library or any other place that you go to that gives you the space to be creative and type your heart away! I started this blog for the purpose of getting people to start using their God-Given talents to make their lives better whether it be in general or in the area of business
So… now that you have a few ideas, my suggestion is that you get started or at least search for more ideas on the internet.
P.S. It took me over 2 hours to type this post because I did not use my time well today. My son did not wake up until about 11 AM this morning. God only knows why I am trying to write a blog post while he is running around! This 2 year old is way too energetic and I had to stop over a dozen times. I just wanted you to have something to connect with. Mom life is real stuff and I don’t ever want to make it seem like it’s a walk in the park! Gurl you know what I am talking about!
Peace, Love, and Hijab(veiled beauty, protection, character, modesty),
Ukhtee Walida-The Boss Moms Coach, Author, Coach Speaker, Youth Mentor, Educator
To connect with me and get updates on my journey you can follow me on Instagram @boss_moms_journey