The 2013 State of Women-Owned Businesses Survey revealed the following about why women decided to start their own businesses
1. They had a vision for a business idea or a passion for solving a specific industry problem
2. They wanted control or a more flexible work-life balance
3. They felt like they were in the right place at the right time.
When women were asked what the biggest motivation for starting their business, the most common answer was
1. 28% indicated that they were following their vision
2. 21% indicated that their vision was followed by finding an idea that allowed them to become an entrepreneur
The survey also found that the most important traits for running a successful business are
1.Having a passion for an idea
2. Having a vision to succeed long-term after the business is launched
3. Having the willingness and attitude to fail before you succeed and to take risks
I hope these statistics were helpful to you all! Maybe this will boost your confidence about starting your own business in the next year or so. Sometimes we are more frightened by what we don’t know rather than what we think we know!
Great Day Beloveds,